Rosebud General Store

Founded in the 1937 by Earl Upton and his sons, Rosebud General Store brings a view of the past with a taste of the now. Through multiple names and owners, it has told a story of love and hardships. It has burned and been rebuilt. In 1974, the highway was paved and widened causing the store to move across the road from the original location. Through the years, additional space has been added along to keep up with our community’s needs. It is now owned by Codee and Danny Ray. Codee is the daughter of the late Gilbert Barham.

We offer a wide selection of products including animal feed, hardware, hunting and fishing supplies, lawn and garden items, a selection of fertilizer and seed for pastures or yards, grocery and household items, apparel, and so much more. We also offer full-service lunch dining and fuel experience. If you can’t buy it here, you don’t need it. Living in a small town, we know about 90% of the people by their first names. We would like to know the other 10% by their first names too. We hope our store offers our customers an authentic experience in southern hospitality. Our motto is “Some people call it the middle of nowhere; we call it home.” So, travel slowly and stop often.

Did You Know?
Sue Gunter (May 22, 1939 – August 4, 2005) of Walnut Grove was an American women's college basketball coach. She is best known as the head coach of the Louisiana State University (LSU) Lady Tigers basketball team. Gunter was inducted into the Women's Basketball Hall of Fame in 2000.
Contact US
Phone: (601) 267-9231
Office Location:
103 N Pearl St.
Carthage, MS 39051
Office Hours
Monday-Friday: 8am to 5pm
Lunch: 12pm to 1pm
Stay Connected